>> Saturday, August 1, 2009
Meat Stuffed Bread
6 cups unbleached flour.
2-2 1\4 cups warm water.
2 Tablespoons oil.
1 Tablespoon sugar.
2 teaspoons yeast.
2 teaspoons baking powder.
2 teaspoons salt.
oil ,for shallow-frying.
1 1/2 Pound Lean ground beef
1 large chopped onion
1 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat no longer pink, add the salt and pepper. Saute the meat until it’s cooked through drain and set aside.
For The Dough:
1) Place all ingredients in the bowl of mixer, Knead until the dough is soft for 5 minutes.
Put the dough in a bowl that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
2) Cover dough and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, for 1-2 hours.
3) Divide dough into 16 pieces & roll each of them into a ball, roll the ball out into a round.
4) Fill each with 1-2Tablespoons of the filling, pinch and seal the edges.
5) Preheat frying pan or griddle iron over high heat. Then adjust the heat to medium heat &
add 1 Tablespoon of oil.
6) On a lightly oiled board , flatten stuffed bread gently using your hand.
7) place the stuffed bread on the frying pan & cook until golden brown on both sides
(1 to 2 minutes per side).
Serve with salad.
Adopted From Arabic Bites with my changing for the filling.