>> Thursday, August 6, 2009
Yesterday my son ask me to bake him a cake;
something with a great smell and an even better great aftertaste..
Both of us love lemon cake and I told him about this Lemon Poppy seed cake.
He loved the idea! - so without thinking twice, I told him - go ahead, do it.
I was so proud to see my son in the kitchen mixing and pouring reading the recipe and doing everything.
When the cake finally came out the oven, after we all tasted it we could not complement him enough! -
Congratulations! - this cake is amazing- great job!
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe Adopted from Cafe Fernando
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 12 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Mix in poppy seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, heavy cream and lemon zest and beat until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat to incorporate. Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, remove from the pan and place it on a wire rack. Brush the top of the cake with your favorite jam and let cool completely.