>> Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Last Sunday we celebrated my son's 18 birthday.
I love Birthdays, parties celebrations and fancy cakes
For this special occasion I looked for a special cake, the kind that I never bake before and I was so happy to find this beautiful white chocolate mousse cake which turned out incredible both to look at and eat - rice and tasty..
My little baby become a young man
White Chocolate Mousse Cake-adopted from Avi Kitchen
For the cake base
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vinegar
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F., Butter round cake pans, line the bottoms with parchment and spray the parchment with cooking spray.
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder salt and set aside.
Sift together the milk and the vinegar and set aside.
In a mixer bowl, beat the egg with the sugar for two minutes, add the oil and keep beating for another minute.
Add the dry ingredients and the milk alternately in 2 additions.
add the hot water and the vanilla extract beating until smooth and well blended. the batter is supposed to become liquid like.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center come out dry.
Let the cake cool on wire racks, unmold onto racks, peel off the parchment and wet the cake with some liqueur.
Put the cool cake into the pan again.
White Chocolate Mousse
2 pack gelatin
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
250 gr. white chocolate chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
Mix the gelatin with the milk and stir until the gelatin dissolve completely, let stand for 3 minutes.
In a heavy pot over low heat boil the heavy cream with the sugar and the vanilla extract add the gelatin and whisk continuously.
Remove from the heat add the chopped chocolate and mix until it completely melts.
Let it cool in the refrigerator, be sure to mix every half an hour to prevent chunks.
After the chocolate mixture becomes cold and seem like pudding whip the other heavy cream to medium peaks and fold it into the chocolate mixture.
Pour in the mousse over the cake base and refrigerate for six hours.
125g semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
2 tbsp light corn syrup
Melt the chopped chocolate the heavy cream the butter and the corn syrup in a pot over medium heat, stir until melted and smooth.
let it cool for a few minutes and pour over the cold white mousse chocolate cake and return to the refrigerator until completely cold.
>> Saturday, August 8, 2009
This biscotti will always be my favorite, each time i change some ingredients and have a great new flavors, instead of candied fruit you can add nuts, cranberry or chocolate chips. great taste.
Candied Fruit Biscotti - Adopted from all Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anise extract
- 6 egg
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups diced mixed candied fruit
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in eggs and anise extract. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Finally, stir in the candied fruit. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a log about 12 inches long. Place 2 logs per cookie sheet. Press down slightly and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pans for about 5 minutes. Slice diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place the slices cut side down on the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 16 to 18 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool on racks and store in airtight containers.
>> Thursday, August 6, 2009
Yesterday my son ask me to bake him a cake;
something with a great smell and an even better great aftertaste..
Both of us love lemon cake and I told him about this Lemon Poppy seed cake.
He loved the idea! - so without thinking twice, I told him - go ahead, do it.
I was so proud to see my son in the kitchen mixing and pouring reading the recipe and doing everything.
When the cake finally came out the oven, after we all tasted it we could not complement him enough! -
Congratulations! - this cake is amazing- great job!
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe Adopted from Cafe Fernando
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 12 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Mix in poppy seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, heavy cream and lemon zest and beat until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat to incorporate. Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, remove from the pan and place it on a wire rack. Brush the top of the cake with your favorite jam and let cool completely.
>> Saturday, August 1, 2009
Meat Stuffed Bread
6 cups unbleached flour.
2-2 1\4 cups warm water.
2 Tablespoons oil.
1 Tablespoon sugar.
2 teaspoons yeast.
2 teaspoons baking powder.
2 teaspoons salt.
oil ,for shallow-frying.
1 1/2 Pound Lean ground beef
1 large chopped onion
1 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon cumin
In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat no longer pink, add the salt and pepper. Saute the meat until it’s cooked through drain and set aside.
For The Dough:
1) Place all ingredients in the bowl of mixer, Knead until the dough is soft for 5 minutes.
Put the dough in a bowl that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
2) Cover dough and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, for 1-2 hours.
3) Divide dough into 16 pieces & roll each of them into a ball, roll the ball out into a round.
4) Fill each with 1-2Tablespoons of the filling, pinch and seal the edges.
5) Preheat frying pan or griddle iron over high heat. Then adjust the heat to medium heat &
add 1 Tablespoon of oil.
6) On a lightly oiled board , flatten stuffed bread gently using your hand.
7) place the stuffed bread on the frying pan & cook until golden brown on both sides
(1 to 2 minutes per side).
Serve with salad.
Adopted From Arabic Bites with my changing for the filling.