My son's girlfriend has made a healthy keto blog with treats, snacks, meals, and desserts! Loaded with tasty recipes and amazing low carb food photos! She even makes keto birthday cakes! Please visit her for Delicious Keto & Low Carb Recipes!

Homemade Bounty - Coconut candy

>> Saturday, July 18, 2009




Bounty bar with Coconut is my sister favorite candy
Each time she is coming to visit us here in the USA, she is buying a box full with this bars and taking with her home.
I was so happy to find this recipe especially for her.
Now she can make all the time, and as much as she would like.


Coconut Candy
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp salt
1 can coconut milk
1 cup shredded coconut

In a pot over medium heat put sugar water and salt and allow it to boil, until soft-ball stage.
reduce the heat and continue to cook another 3 min.
Add the coconut milk and the vanilla and cook, stirring.
Add the shredded coconut and string well for 10 min. over low heat.
pour into a 9×13-inch glass pan.
Let cool over night outside the refrigerator; before the chocolate coating put in the freeze for 2 hours.

Chocolate Ganache
1 cup heavy cream
300 gram semi sweet chocolate
1 tsp. ground coffee

In a medium sized saucepan heat cream over medium heat. bring to boil and add the coffee and the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
Cool in room temperature.
Pour the ganache over the frozen coconut and put it again in the freeze for another 2 hours.
the best way to cut the Bounty is while its still frozen and to save it in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.

5 comments:

oneordinaryday July 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Oh, my sister would be crazy about these too. As soon as I saw your photo on foodgawker I thought of her.

Anna July 20, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

It's funny, I used to hate Bounty bars, and now I adore them - I'm such a coconut fan! These sound amazing, great idea!

Patricia @ ButterYum July 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Oh my... these are a must try! Thanks so much for posting the recipe. :)

Anonymous,  July 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Am I reading this right? you want coffee grinds in the ganache??

Snooky doodle June 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

oh wow . these look so good. glad I happened to come across this recipe :) i m trying it :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP