>> Monday, July 20, 2009
Last week I had a huge craving for a chocolate cake, I woke up and dream about the smooth and chocolaty kind cake..
Where one slice of a cake leaves amazing taste, and makes everyone come back for more...
I found a chocolate cake recipe in the Hershey website and decided to use it.
Although I was a little worried about the amount of liquids at first, towards the end the cake became stable.
The taste is so rich and chocolaty it’s easier to make, for this week I highly recommended the chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake - Adopted from the Hershey Kitchen Recipes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely
1 Cup heavy cream
8 oz. semi sweet chocolate
On a medium sized saucepan over medium hear heat the cream. Bring to boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
Cover the cool cake with the Ganache.