>> Saturday, January 24, 2009
Every time my family orders a cheese cake for desert restaurants, they ask me to create the same cake at home.
No mater how much I tried and how many cheese cake I baked, I never did the exact cake they asked.
About a week ago I decided to make a Cheese cake with white chocolate filling, when the kids tried this one they immediately agree decide that this cake is the winner !!
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie, crushed fine
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature (3 pkgs)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chocolate melted with 2 Tbsp half-&-half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pan of hot water in bottom of oven.
- Prepare 9 inch springform pan with foil.
- Mix crust ingredients and pat on the bottom of prepared pan.
- Using the mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, and vanilla and beat again scrape down sides if needed.
- Add melted white chocolate. Beat on medium just until mixed and creamy.
- Pour the batter into top of crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60-70 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for another 35 min. in the closing oven.