>> Saturday, January 17, 2009
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut a few slices of old bread or Challah bread into large squares and put them in the oven tray, drizzle olive oil over the bread and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other seasoning you like.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes, or until its turning golden brown.
Split pea soup
- 2 spoon oil
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1 big potato cuts in to a big pieces
- 2 carrots cuts to big pieces
- 2 bags of frozen pea
- 5 cups chicken stock
- salt paper
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat and saute the onion, carrots and potato for 5 min.
- Add stock, and bring to a simmer. Then add peas, salt and paper and cook, covered, for 25 minutes, until soft.
- Remove the soup from the heat, and blend it until smooth. I did it twice for best result , transfer soup to the pot again, add 1 spoon of oil and heat for another 5 min.
- Serve with a home made croutons.