My son's girlfriend has made a healthy keto blog with treats, snacks, meals, and desserts! Loaded with tasty recipes and amazing low carb food photos! She even makes keto birthday cakes! Please visit her for Delicious Keto & Low Carb Recipes!

Lemon Curd

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009



At the beginning I planed to make a raspberry tart with lemon cream
Though I ended up making Lemon Curd
When I saw the picture online, I thought it was amazing, so I went out to buy the ingredients.

When I read the instructions I understood that this recipe would need to use a lemon curd and I thought it was a great opportunity for me to make lemon curd after I heard so much compliments about this it.

4 Large eggs

1 cup fresh lemon juice

11/2 Stick butter

finely shreded lemon zets from one lemon

1 1/2 cups sugar

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter and stir until it has melted.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Beat eggs into cooled lemon mixture until well blended. Return to heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.
Remove from heat and put in a
clean container.
Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

1 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum June 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

I adore lemon curd... so easy to make too. It keeps much longer than 2 weeks (all that sugar and citric acid... both natural preservatives).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP